7 replies to this topic

#1 POZA

POZA

Orange Fan

• Moderators
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 13:15 PM

Hello dear GPS Trace users. 

It’s been ages since the last major update of our service, and today we announce that a big GPS Trace update is planned to be released in June 2019. 
This time we will cover the whole product: the user interface, the backend, the functionality, the concept, and even gps-trace.com website. 

So, what kind of software will new GPS Trace be? When we started working on a new version of the platform, our main goal was to make it more productive and easy-to-use. That is why GPS Trace will have a totally new, modern and user-friendly interface. It will be powered by a brand-new backend that was developed from scratch and, as a result, new GPS Trace will be much faster and more stable than the previous version. 
These facts also touch upon GPS Trace Mobile. Fully functional mobile versions for iOS and Android will inherit all the functionality from the web version of the software and will allow users to build tracks, geofences, share location and do other useful things from mobile phones. 

When the first version of new GPS Trace is released, it will have a range of limitations and restrictions as well as some current GPS Trace’s features missing. But no worries here, more features will come as far as the software is developed. You can check major specs of the new GPS Trace below.

Main GPS Trace functionality (for both web and mobile versions):
  • online monitoring,
  • trip detection (stops and parkings),
  • geofencing,
  • tracks,
  • notifications (including mobile push notifications),
  • location sharing,
  • units history,
  • new, simplified GPS tracker connection mechanism.

Similar to the current version of GPS Trace, the new software will have some restrictions:
  • max. number of units per account —  2 units,
  • max. number of geofences — 15 geofences,
  • max. number of notifications — 20 notifications,
  • unit history limit — 10 days.

Please note that the current version of GPS Trace will be supported along with the new one, so you could choose the version that is more convenient for you.

In the future, we will share more information about new GPS Trace. So please, feel free to share your thoughts and feedback on this count and be sure, we will take them to account making the product user-friendly and more efficient for you. ;)

Best regards,
Gurtam Team

#2 car012

car012

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:08 AM

Hello! First of all thanks for great jobs and support. Please can you explain something to us? That what I see now, what you telling us that we have only 2 units pro account maximal?? This was before update - A single GPS Trace account allows you to connect up to 5 devices, which is typically enough to track the whole family... Are you telling now that we are don't have 5 units?

#3 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:41 AM

car012, yes, but now you will be able add 2 devices of any type. So 2 vehicle devices could be controlled in the new version vs only 1 in the current.

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#4 car012

car012

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:29 AM

Oje, i didn't expect that we're losing 3 units-( For example if you have 1 car ( today many families have more than one cars), 1 bike und you have children your will be able to put 3 units more... Und now we don't have any more that option. Sorry I understand that you can not give everything free but we need more units than only 2.
Best regards,
Ozren

#5 car012

car012

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:58 AM

Sorry one more question. What's happening with old accounts who have more than 2 units? That's stay or will be deleted?

#6 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

Sorry one more question. What's happening with old accounts who have more than 2 units? That's stay or will be deleted?

It will stay for a while. Both versions will be functioning simultaneously for a transaction period. But it should be eventually closed.

Concerning units number, I believe any feedback will be taken into account by the devs team.

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#7 Muchoromek

Muchoromek

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 18:04 PM

The first post says "the current version of GPS Trace will be supported along with the new one, so you could choose the version that is more convenient for you." and next It also is written "It will stay for a while..." How long will the two versions be maintained ? (or rather 2 months or 2 years) 

will objects added to the old version be visible in the new version or will their migration and reconfiguration be necessary?

Will there be a paid option to increase the number of objects?

#8 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,428 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:45 AM

Muchoromek, I do not have info on the transition period. Lets wait for the version 3 release.

will objects added to the old version be visible in the new version or will their migration and reconfiguration be necessary?

Will there be a paid option to increase the number of objects?

Reconfiguration will not be needed most likely as the Ports and IP will not be changed (Ports are always fixed, IP was not changed for the last 5 years at least).

Units from the old version will not be visible in the new (remember in the current version we have 5 units in the new - 2). There will be a separate registration at the new site.

For a certain period both versions will be coexisting to let users try it out and get prepared for switching to something new.

I assume some paid options might be added but in a long run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users