Photo

GT02A style tracker that updates more often than 5 minutes?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 general-unrest

general-unrest

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

I have what I suspect is a GT02A clone. Whilst it works fine it cannot be forced to update more often than every 5 minutes. Could anyone give a source for a similar style vehicle tracker that will update say every 30 seconds? I am in the UK, someone gave a link on another forum to a German supplier that was known to offer suitable devices but Ebay said they could not be imported to the UK due to "VAT irregularities" ;) Thanks. These things seem a bit of a minefield, i assume some are hard coded to minimize loads on preferred tracking sites so only slow updates...?

#2 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,493 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:10 AM

general-unrest, update interval is nothing than just a device firmware limit.

The command for the original GT02 is:

TIMER,30# 

It changes an upload interval to 30 seconds.

You can check current settings by sending the following command:

PARAM#

• general-unrest likes this

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#3 general-unrest

general-unrest

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:27 AM

Unfortunately it does not respond at all to either of these 2 commands. The "instructions" give the commands and it replies OK, but will not drop below 5 minute updates. Must be hard coded in the firmware :( Thanks for the alternative commands though Pach.

#4 BarryKig

BarryKig

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 21:10 PM

Hi Arisan Thank you but I already have all these, the ones in Wolfe Street their James married Annie Reynolds in 1910 so not the right James. As you say they could have been related Alex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users