GPS-Trace Forum

GPS-Trace Home.

• You are not logged in.
Index » GPS-Trace Orange usage questions
orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS
Pages: 1

#1 2010-08-27 16:43:28 @ orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

leandrosozio
4 Posts Registered 2010-08-27

orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

Hi! When I set TLT-2H to use GPRS Mode in orange-gps-trace.com, the messages are sent by GPRS and not by SMS. Example: When Alarm Button (SOS) is pressed the TLT-2H sent a SOS message via GPRS and not SMS, then orange.gps-trace.com can handle this?

#2 2010-08-27 23:19:41 @ orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

xdajul
219 Posts Registered 2010-08-23

Re: orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

leandrosozio wrote:

Hi! When I set TLT-2H to use GPRS Mode in orange-gps-trace.com, the messages are sent by GPRS and not by SMS. Example: When Alarm Button (SOS) is pressed the TLT-2H sent a SOS message via GPRS and not SMS, then orange.gps-trace.com can handle this?

I was wondering the same thing since I don't see/can't find any of these messages on the orange-site.

check my Android TLT-2H Easy Setup App
http://forum.gps-trace.com/viewtopic.php?id=1942

#3 2010-08-30 08:14:18 @ orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

lirowjp
5 Posts Registered 2010-08-09

They need to develop a treatment for the "header" included in the GPS NMEA message sent by TLT-2H device.
The layout is:
# IMEI number # user name # service password # # status #
data base of information $ GPRMC ... ... .. # Base Station Information $ GPRMC ... ....
# #

When you download (export messages) from the orange.gps-trace server, they send only the $GPRMC statement.

As I am code developer/programmer, I think the message has a "header" made by the device(TLT-2H), and they are not treating this information that contains IMEI number, user name, service password and status separated by #.
Maybe they are using this information for security but do not looking for the status field.
I think this because they request that informations(IMEI, service password).

More about $GPRMC messages:
$GP RMC - NMEA has its own version of essential gps pvt (position, velocity, time) data. It is called RMC, The Recommended Minimum, which will look similar to:

$GPRMC,123519,A,4807.038,N,01131.000,E,022.4,084.4,230394,003.1,W*6A

Where:
     RMC          Recommended Minimum sentence C
     123519       Fix taken at 12:35:19 UTC
     A            Status A=active or V=Void.
     4807.038,N   Latitude 48 deg 07.038' N
     01131.000,E  Longitude 11 deg 31.000' E
     022.4        Speed over the ground in knots
     084.4        Track angle in degrees True
     230394       Date - 23rd of March 1994
     003.1,W      Magnetic Variation
     *6A          The checksum data, always begins with *

http://www.gpsinformation.org/dale/nmea.htm#RMC

#4 2010-08-30 08:41:55 @ orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

shal
Administrator
733 Posts Registered 2008-07-10
Profile  Website

lirowjp, try to export message in Wialon (.wln) format. They contain all the important info. There is no publically avaible description of this format, but it is easy to understand it comparing to GUI. Time represented in seconds, as UNIX time.

GPS-Trace Orange Team

#5 2010-08-30 23:22:20 @ orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

leandrosozio
4 Posts Registered 2010-08-27

Maybe we need to change the GPRS user in the TLT-2H, the default user is something like V500 or V300Q, perhaps the same user used in orange.gps-trace.com, I can't test now.
I see this in manual:
#801#user password # new user name## => Change the user name in GPRS mode

Last edited by leandrosozio (2010-08-30 23:25:20)

#6 2010-09-01 08:17:44 @ orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

lirowjp
5 Posts Registered 2010-08-09

leandrosozio wrote:

Maybe we need to change the GPRS user in the TLT-2H, the default user is something like V500 or V300Q, perhaps the same user used in orange.gps-trace.com, I can't test now.
I see this in manual:
#801#user password # new user name## => Change the user name in GPRS mode

It did not work.

SHAL
ask to the developers of the system, if they know the data sent via GPRS from TLT-2H has more information than $GPRMC statement.
Specifically that the STATUS is present in this additional information.
Notice that the STATUS is the information that we need, so we can receive notifications from gps-trace server about ALARM BUTTON TRIGGER .

#7 2010-09-01 10:48:48 @ orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS

krsl
334 Posts Registered 2008-07-31

There's no status field in the processing, because it wasn't provided by
developers of the protocol. It's only GPRS sending in the description.

GPS-Trace Orange Team

Index » GPS-Trace Orange usage questions » orange.gps-trace.com can't show messages (SOS,Alarm,etc) sent via GPRS /   /
Pages: 1

Board footer