Problems with new version

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ramsauer_*

Guest_Ramsauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:25 AM

Good morning,

My 3 trackers work perfectly with the old version but I have problems with the new version.

With IE and Windows 10 Edge Browser I only get an empty page.

With Google Chrome the map opens and I can see the last position of the device. With a single click on the device a windows opens with more information.

How can I get access to the settings (tracking history, notifications etc.) Double click on the device does not work (nothing happens)

Thank you and best regards,

Georg

#2 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,241 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 24 August 2015 - 23:37 PM

Please note that the old version is not supported any more.

A short instruction can be activated by clicking on the question mark in the upper right corner in the new interface.

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#3 Guest_Ramsauer_*

Guest_Ramsauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:02 AM

I have read the instruction - thank you.

Once again my problem:

1.) I signed in to the new version with my Username and password from the old version

2.) Page opens only with Google Chrome

3.) On the map I can see the last position of the tracker

4.) Tracker does not appear on the bottom line of the page and therefore I have no access to the dashboard,

What can I do that my 3 trackers appear on the bottom line. Do I have to register (add) my devices again in the new version with new username and password?

Thank you

#4 Guest_David•GPS_*

Guest_David•GPS_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:06 AM

New interface is still not available for Mac OS X users, as far as I can see - it certainly doesn't work in Safari or Opera browsers on Mavericks 10.9.5 

The main portal page just redirects itself automatically from svcs.gps-trace.com to gps-trace.com so the whole thing just keeps going in circles ...

#5 Guest_David•GPS_*

Guest_David•GPS_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

I have now conducted a few more tests:

Oracle VirtualBox on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 - guest OS: linux ubuntu 11.04; browser: Chromium 18.0.1025.151 and Firefox 16.0.2 - permanent loop*.

VMware Fusion - same host, WinXP Pro guest (I only ever use this vm to access Mercedes EPC and WIS) - 504 timeout, could be due to security settings, but I won't change those as it will mess up Merc database access, and they are very picky, despite being stuck in the 20th century software-wise.

* Exactly the same as with Safari, Firefox and Opera browsers on Mavericks - just endless loop: svcs.gps-trace redirects itself to gps-trace.com over and over again.

Same with Safari on iPhone 6 (iOS 8.4)

The actual iPhone app works perfectly well.

:huh:  :unsure:

#6 bruin

bruin

Forum administrator

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 13:15 PM

regarding endless loop - we tested on Mac OS X in mentioned browsers and had no issues. try to register another account and test again. If everything stays the same - send us username+password todeleted

this profile belongs to GPS-Trace admin. PM blocked.

#7 Guest_David•GPS_*

Guest_David•GPS_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2015 - 14:21 PM

Alright, thanks will try that.

#8 Guest_David•GPS_*

Guest_David•GPS_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2015 - 17:17 PM

OK, the issue is definitely with my main account - I setup a different account and there's no looping - I was able to get to the new tracking page.

Obviously I would like to use the main account, not the testing-gps ;) one, not least because the iPhone app is working perfectly, the unit is registered and trackable.

Could you please re-set my main account somehow? Also, just a thought - would your system have a problem with this character • in user name?  If so, it can be either removed or change to hyphen? I'm going to email you my login details, as requested. Many thanks for your help. 

#9 Guest_GPS-Mercedes_*

Guest_GPS-Mercedes_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2015 - 18:15 PM

So, instead of changing my LOGIN name, the admin changed displayed name, now I can't access the account to delete the tracker!

And I still get the perpetual loop, because the login name contains the stupid fat dot character, that your system can't handle ...

Could someone please look into this! Preferably just fix you system, failing that, please delete David•GPS account completely, including the tracker, so I can register it with a new account.

#10 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:38 AM

Alright, the panic is over :D

Apologies for urgent posting from three different accounts in different threads - it was remarkably inconvenient time to lose the tracking ability ...

Many thanks to admins and online support chaps - everything is working fine now with this new account. Phew!   :rolleyes:

#11 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

Just a quick note to admin: it is now safe to delete the interim accounts I created whilst dealing with this problem - GPS-Mercedes and testing-gps 

I've already deactivated email addresses used for these two accounts.

But please don't delete the account I'm posting from now  :D  :unsure:

#12 bruin

bruin

Forum administrator

• Administrators
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

Those accounts will be deleted automatically by the script in 90 days after last login

• MercedesGPS likes this

this profile belongs to GPS-Trace admin. PM blocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users