notifications

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_koenvbeek_*

Guest_koenvbeek_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:55 AM

Hi GPS-Trace, 

I really like your service. I have an idea that would make the notifications system more usefull. 

Problem description

I have a tracker set up in my car and have set a geofence around my home. When the car leaves the geofence, I receive an email. This means that when I leave home with the car, I receive an email while driving. It is not necessary to notify me that the car is moving when I'm the person who is in the car. I have a smartphone that is also set up in GPS-Trace, so all data is available to determine if I'm in the car. 

My idea

Add the possibility to make notification rules so that the user can make Excel-like formulas using all data available in the user account. This way I can make a formula that only sends an email when the car is moving and my smartphone isn't near the car at the same time. 

Thanks for your time. 

• Charlesdwept and Raymondjic like this

#2 Guest_poal_*

Guest_poal_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hi GPS-Trace, 

I really like your service. I have an idea that would make the notifications system more usefull. 

Problem description

I have a tracker set up in my car and have set a geofence around my home. When the car leaves the geofence, I receive an email. This means that when I leave home with the car, I receive an email while driving. It is not necessary to notify me that the car is moving when I'm the person who is in the car. I have a smartphone that is also set up in GPS-Trace, so all data is available to determine if I'm in the car. 

My idea

Add the possibility to make notification rules so that the user can make Excel-like formulas using all data available in the user account. This way I can make a formula that only sends an email when the car is moving and my smartphone isn't near the car at the same time. 

Thanks for your time. 

the system is designed for those who tracks their nearest and dearest in most cases, but if you are intended to prevent you car from get stolen it is a fabulous tool as well. I got your idea but the point is there is a small percentage of users who use GPS Tag and car trackers in the car at the same time, so it seems to me useless right now.

#3 Guest_olivergps_*

Guest_olivergps_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2015 - 22:00 PM

This is not a bad idea but perhaps there is a way to implement it easily in order to serve more purposes. How about a "mobile geofence"? Which means, notification is triggered when the distance between two trackers exceeds or becomes less than a set value?

This could in some cases replace the ordinary geofence around the house.

This would give the same result that Koenvbeek was proposing above, alarming if the car would go XXX meters away from his/her location.

This would be useful for parents moving with their kids to be alarmed if the kid moves XX meters away from the parent.

This would be useful for a hunter if his/her dog goes XXX meters away in forest (I would like very much to use it for this purpose)

And there are probably quite a few other applications for monitoring two objects move too far away from each other (or come within a set distance as well).

The notification GUI needs to have a drop-down box for selecting the criterion (distance more or distance less),two dropboxes to select the trackers, and one field to enter the distance. Maybe need to add also a criterion to set the notification if the time between the last messages betwen the unit does not exceed X (to avoid continuous notifications when one of the trackers is shut down or runs out of battery).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notifications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users