#1 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:45 AM

Before connecting a tracking device to the gps-trace service, make sure it is in the supported list.

If your device is not in the list, then most likely it can not be connected. You will need to search for an appropriate settings by yourself.

If a device is not connected, a track is not built and a unit icon does not appear on the map (coordiantes are missing), follow recommendations below:

1. The device is not connected or adjusted properly.

There can be several reasons why a device has the status not connected in Wialon. To identify and eliminate them, do the following:

Make sure the device is in good order and situated in the area of satellite availability, all wires, aerials, and power supply are connected correctly.

Check SIM card balance.

Make sure the device is adjusted properly: check IP address, server port, connection interval, APN. There can be other settings and peculiarities concerning your device and its connection, so consult the user's guide or contact the manufacturer. You can also pick up some tips from the forums:

Genuine tracking devices

Clones and copies

Check device ID in Device Unique ID Checker. Follow the link and you will find the IP address of a special server where you direct your device to verify its ID. Direct your device to this server and wait till the information about its connection appears. If connection successful, compare the value in the column 'Unique ID' with unique ID written in unit properties. If your type of device requires password for sending data, it should be written in unit properties, too.

2. This type of device is not supported in Wialon.

The list of supported devices is continously updated.

We do not garantee stable work if you are using other devices settings for your tracker. You can apply to the manufacturer of your tracker directly, request a communication protocol and send to us via a corresponding forum thread:

For the genuine devices

For the copies

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#2 bobleno007

bobleno007

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:05 PM

hello pach and thank you! I found this helpful yet im not sure how to go about doing much of what you suggest. My device is supported, Im not sure if its Xexun TK 102 or TK 102-2 model....the pictures look the same. I have checked the device and know it works and theres no problem with cell phone service....but Im confused on how to check the device unique id checker.....how do I direct the unit to a specific ip and port?

• muguet likes this

#3 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 25 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

bobleno007, you need to configure your tracking device. Check the manual to find out what commands or software should be used for configuration. You can also apply to the manufacturer for an additional help.

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users