6 replies to this topic

#1 general-unrest

general-unrest

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 17:19 PM

I took the tracker on a test drive today, about 14 miles with fix280s***n123456 accepted. It updated regularly but the TRACK function on the site map shows no data for today. I tried updating the map during the drive and locations where shown statically correct. Any ideas why please? Thanks. I believe TRACK should show a route map, correct?

• Charlesdwept, dibleseets and Supappeld like this

#2 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 15 November 2018 - 05:46 AM

general-unrest, open Track settings and disable "Apply trip detector". Then execute it again.

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#3 general-unrest

general-unrest

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 21:52 PM

pach, thanks again for the reply. That  did indeed produce a route. If only I could make the damned GPS from the tracker update more often, I now believe that whatever fix settings, time wise, I enter, it just updates at exactly to the second at 5 minute intervals. I tried loading the tracking site IP address that was in the tracker's so called instruction book, but the same occurs. Have you ever heard of cheap devices defaulting to a fixed update time pach? Although it replies ok to  user defined short update like 030s? I appreciate your advice :) Have a good weekend.

#4 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:24 AM

general-unrest, try

fix030s***n123456

Yes, there are some devices that are just locked to certain settings and services.

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#5 general-unrest

general-unrest

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

I have a device that reports as GT_02MT6261D_V2.3
VERSION:61M-GT06_V4.4_180827

A vehicle tracker. I am unable to make it report coordinates via GPRS at less than 5 minute (exact) intervals. I am becoming convinced it is hard coded in the firmware to not report more often than this as the device came with a recommended tracking site in the instructions of gps110.org  I am wondering if this is to minimize traffic on the site? It does the same on your site too, impossible to force more frequent updates despite getting an "OK" for fix030s***n123456 It just continues at 5 minute intervals. Device imei is :

Is this something you have come across please pach? I am happy with the device otherwise, but as this seems hard coded what similar device is available to me that you know works with more frequent updates that allows more accurate tracking please? It must have self contained GPS antenna, take power from the vehicles ~12V supply and work on your site :) Many thanks.

#6 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:59 AM

general-unrest, any genuine device may be recommended.

Check Coban for example, they are relatively cheap.

• general-unrest likes this

#7 general-unrest

general-unrest

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 15:36 PM

general-unrest, any genuine device may be recommended.

Check Coban for example, they are relatively cheap.

Ok, thanks again pach, should have gone for genuine in the first place I guess :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users