No replies to this topic

#1 general-unrest

general-unrest

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

Hi, got an Ebay GT-02D tracker and managed to get it connected and working to this excellent gps-trace web site, which I am very appreciative of!

A few quick questions though. I have been totally unable to get coordinates from the device by either dialing it from a Smartphone and then hanging up, or by SMS. No coordinates are given nor a link to Google Maps. the (iffy) instructions sat send *TWO* SMS messages to get coordinates.

smslink1234546

(which receives no confirmation...)

then

time zone123456 timezone

No coordinates are sent, just sMcc:   sMnc:  sLac Cellid

time date and IMEI

Is it possible to have an AP set in the device (EE) and with this site as IP address and port  in the tracker *AND* be able to get Google Maps coordinates by SMS or dialing and hanging up?

With the fix****** stuff I am unable to get it to send fixes to the site at longer than 5 minutes intervals. I am not even sure if it will accept say

fix020m030n123456  (minute intervals) or whether it will only accept fix***s commands (seconds intervals). A fix set with over 5 minute intervals in m for minutes gets returned as OK, but it will not report at intervals beyond 5 minutes. It reports still on 5 minute intervals as far as I can see.

Finally looking at the gps-trace map log, it appears to send two gprs messages each time it communicates. is that correct?

The PCB is stenciled GT_02MT6261D_V2.3

and the device is ID'd on the ID site as :

GT02D    20853    352887078252933

It works but I would like to be able to set longer fix periods than 5 minutes and I would REALLY like to be able to SMS or ring it and get Google Maps coordinates from it. Can anyone suggest anything please? Thanks :)

• pach likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users