Tracking stops every night (device time zone issue)

tk-102 tk104 gps-trace.com fails nightly

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_commshop1_*

Guest_commshop1_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

Re: gps-trace stops tracking Device TK-102 ID: 868683020394577 every night between exactly 7pm and approximately 12am EST. Account: commshop1

Dear Admin,

Can someone provide guidance regarding gps-trace every night stops tracking my device at exactly 7PM thru approximately 12PM EST please?

For 5 hours, every night!, gps-trace.com refuses to track my device.

How I confirmed my unit is working ok.

I have a TK-102 and confirm is working at http://id.wialon.net/.

When gps-trace stops tracking my device at 7pm, I point it to http://id.wialon.net/ and it works fine. (See attachment from 8pm screenshot at wialon.net)

My device consistently sends it location to any website or server I connect it to. But gps-trace.com or orange.gps-trace.com will not respond to my device between 7pm and 12am EST.

I have another account, aaron1, that tracks my tk-102 devices 24hours a day. It has no problem between 7pm and 12am EST.

I cannot use this account, aaron1, for this particular device for business reasons.

It appears that the commshop1 account has the issue. My old account, commshop, worked fine but was deleted for non-use while I was between devices. I tried to recreate a new commshop but gps-trace prevented me so I created commshop1.

My commshop1 account is a month old and has this blackout period every night between 7pm and 12am.

Out of respect to gps-trace providing a great free service, I prefer not to create a bunch of test accounts to see if it is just this account that has this problem.

Can an admin look at the commshop1 account and see if there is a reason for the 5 hour nightly blackout? I reiterate that http://id.wialon.net/ confirms my device is working during this blackout period.

Thank you in advance for any community guidance

Cheers,

Attached Files

• FrankBatt and Greggcof like this

#2 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:30 AM

commshop1, similar issues has been reported by the users from Brasil.

It is not related to our site in any way - our servers are working 24/7.

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#3 Guest_commshop1_*

Guest_commshop1_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2017 - 21:29 PM

Thats interesting. I tried several other sites and they update 24/7 including between 7pm and 12am est. The unit, SIM and data plan have been confirmed working OK and id.wialon.com also confirms everything is working Ok.

Only gps-trace.com has this blackout period between 7pm and 12am est for us.

I am going to delete my unit from this account and create another account and add the unit. I hope this works.

#4 Guest_commshop1_*

Guest_commshop1_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:26 AM

New account does same thing. Exactly 18.59 est. gps-trace.com stops tracking my device. I pointed it to id.wialon.com and it shows perfectly.

I now have it working with traccar.com until I can figure out what the problem is with new accounts preventing your servers from receiving our device pings.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all.

#5 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

commshop1, I've been writing about this issue in one of the threads this is either time zone issue or your local mobile network provider.

You can check our servers availability at https://noc.wialon.com/

Our hw servers have 99.9% availability. But yes, I would suggest to use alternative sites if you believe there is some kind of conspiracy about new accounts, whatever.

P.S. you tracking devices sends data from the past every day at the same time:

2017/11/21 02:59:47:278: GPRS MSG(Xexun TK-102): ID: 868683020394577, IP: , MSG: TIME: 02:59:40, LAT: 26.1481633333, LON: -
80.15459, SPEED: 0, COURSE: 0, REG_RES: 1
2017/11/21 03:00:08:028: GPRS MSG(Xexun TK-102): ID: 868683020394577, IP: , MSG: TIME: 03:00:00 20/11/2017, LAT: 26.1481633
333, LON: -80.15459, SPEED: 0, COURSE: 0, REG_RES: 1

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#6 Guest_commshop1_*

Guest_commshop1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:16 AM

I'm not that paranoid. I simply follow the facts. With that said....

Using new account: commshop, tonight, 11/22/2017, at exactly 19:00EST or 8pm EST I decided to point my device to gps-trace again.

To my surprise, Gps-trace logs began showing my pings every 20 seconds. 8pm is within the blackout period experienced until now.

I am also happy to see gps-trace is working again with my device.

I have done nothing other than point it to another site for about 24hours. It tracked fine there but gps-trace interface is superior or simply familiar to me since I have used it for years.

I will monitor and hope gps-trace continues to accept my device pings without any blackout periods.

Happy Holidays

#7 Guest_commshop1_*

Guest_commshop1_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:43 AM

To respond to your date stamp comment.

Right My device is tk-104. Your site recognizes it as tk102.

Right now time zone set to -5 for eastern seaboard U.S.A.

Gps-trace, for years, has shown my new devices as one day behind current date when initially setup.

I.E. If today is 11/22/17 8:30pm, gps-trace shows my ping time stamp at 11/21/17 8:30pm or one day behind.

After about a day, gps-trace begins to show the correct date and time on my pings. I assume the date stamp comes from the cell service provider.

My devices have no way to set time/date that Google knows of.

Alls good so far.

#8 Guest_commshop1_*

Guest_commshop1_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:30 AM

imei:868683020394577

type: Xexun TK-102

server: 193.193.165.166

port: 20157

One day after pointing my device to gps-trace servers or 11/23/17 at exactly 7:59:59PM EST gps-trace.com stopped tracking my device again.

The blackout period of 7pm through approx 12am begins again I suspect.

I do not know if this blackout is related to the 1 day old pings my device is mentioned to send. Today, Gps-trace was showing the correct date through 7:59pm tonight.

Gps-trace.com logs are only about 6 hours long so I do not know when gps-trace.com corrected my device date since I last pointed it to gps-trace servers last night at 8pm in my last post.

The 5 hour blackout is not acceptable since we need tracking 24/7. Again, I will point my device to traccar.org until I find a solution.

Strange that the only one with any knowledge about nightly blackouts in this community forum is Orange Guru. I would have thought that out of 33,628 members, there would be more feedback, especially since there are others experiencing nightly gps-trace blackouts.

Other users per below thread have exact problem. They are -3 GMT and theirs stop at 9pm which correlates to my -5 GMT 7pm

http://forum.gps-tra...-data-at-night/

FIXED: The device needs set to GMT 0. After setting my device to GMT 0 at 9:pm EST, my device immediately began logging at gps-trace.com. Although device SMS alerts will show incorrect time, at least we can track the asset this device is connected to 24/7.

The fix came from: http://forum.gps-tra...ssue/#entry4108

We will monitor through tomorrows blackout period to confirm this is a good fix.

Happy Holidays.

#9 Guest_commshop1_*

Guest_commshop1_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2017 - 00:30 AM

After 48hours, I have confirmed that my device pings gps-trace with no interuption in service/ no blackout periods.

FIXED: The time zone settings on device needs set to GMT 0 for gps-trace to work correctly.

This is not a bug with the gps device. It is a bug in gps-trace.com coding. Most devices need to send SMS alert direct to owner with correct timezone.

Shock Alert is an alert device sent direct to owner via SMS with device timestamp for example.

Gps-trace.com requiring user set device to GMT 0 means all direct alerts have wrong timestamp.

Maybe gps-trace will fix this someday.

#10 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:09 AM

This is not a bug in the gps-trace.com

GMT +0 allows to display date and time according to the current user settings. There is nothing to fix.

A time stamp is formed by your tracking device not our system:

2017/11/21 02:59:47:278: <-- when our server received message TIME: 02:59:40 <--- what your tracking device tells when it was recorded

2017/11/21 03:00:08:028: <-- when our server received message TIME: 03:00:00 20/11/2017 <--- what your tracking device tells when it was recorded

There are no blackouts. Your tracker sends data continuously and we a receiving it but it the devices that tells us what is the exact time in the message and so according to the device time stamp we store it in the data base.

#11 Aragongps100

Aragongps100

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:15 AM

Se desconectan mis equipos a las 6 pm y a las 12 se reconectan, alguien me puede ayudar x favor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tk-102, tk104, gps-trace.com fails nightly

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users