new TK102 clones without sleep mode functionality - hardware workaroud or firmware update

tk102 clone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_tomron_*

Guest_tomron_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:24 AM

two years ago I purchased a TK102 personal tracker, which is in daily use in my car, works fast, great and accurate, so I decided some weeks ago to purchase 2 additional TK102 trackers.

Now I have evaluated the new ones and encountered many problems with these obvious fake TK102 trackers. The trackers do work at id.wialon.net at port 20488, but I did not test dem on GPS Trace, but I assume they will do its primary job.

First of all the new TK102 tracker do not support any sleep mode functionality which is a real pain in the ass when it comes to installing this device in to a vehicle and the tracker transmits data until infinity --> useless trash in my opinion.

so I decided to connect it to the ignition line of my car and remove the battery out of the tracker so that the tracker only works when the ignition is active, well thought but in reality not feasible because the tracker needs its own battery to start it self up --> OMG what a useless trash!!! 

so what can do to make this clone usable for me? is there a Firmware update available to make the sleep function usable again, or does anyone have schematic diagrams so that I can develop a hardware workaround?

any help is appreciated! 

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   100KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   87.1KB   1 downloads

• bapedSof likes this

#2 Guest_sc70_*

Guest_sc70_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

I shorted now the On/off switch with a piece of wire and soldered it on to the contacts.

Now the tracker starts up when the car power supply is attached to 12V. 

• pach likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tk102, clone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users