Identifying the IMEI number from the device ID - is it possible?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stephen_*

Guest_Stephen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

My TK-Star comes with an ID number which is 10 digits long. I'm told that to connect to certain other servers that I require a 15 digit IMEI number.

Can anyone advise how I might obtain this please? It's not printed anywhere on the device.

• MeggOrgap, Susanronry, Stephenphymn and 1 other like this

#2 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 13 July 2017 - 13:44 PM

stephenc, as far as I can see your tracking device is working and sending data.

Why do you need to have that kind of info?

Furthermore, there are a lot of tracking devices using 11 digits or even 3 digits only.

• MeggOrgap, Stephenphymn and lendaGaply like this

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#3 Guest_Stephen_*

Guest_Stephen_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2017 - 14:00 PM

pach, I fully accept your comment.

When I'm interested in a subject or piece of technology I'm forced to explore it further so that I can understand it and know its limitations.

I find these devices a source of amazement so I have to break them and then figure out how to put it together again :D

For anyone else wondering the same, I've just read that the TK Star utilises the watch protocol which I'm guessing is an alternative to the IMEI.

• MeggOrgap likes this

#4 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

stephenc, IMEI or an ID whatever you call it is just a unique number of a device like a mac address for a network card.

IMEI is set by the manufacturer in the device firmware and can contain different number of digits or other symbols.

Frankly speaking you are mixing up the definitions.

A lot of info about what is an IMEI can be found at the internet.

• MeggOrgap and lendaGaply like this

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#5 Guest_plb4333_*

Guest_plb4333_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:23 AM

stephenc, IMEI or an ID whatever you call it is just a unique number of a device like a mac address for a network card.

IMEI is set by the manufacturer in the device firmware and can contain different number of digits or other symbols.

Frankly speaking you are mixing up the definitions.

A lot of info about what is an IMEI can be found at the internet.

Hello. I have a 10 digit ID also, but can't register this chinese GPS OBDII because of this on many servers, is there a solution?

#6 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

plb4333, an ID may have different length. I can for example make an ID of 4 digits if I want.

#7 Michael eBike

Michael eBike

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 01 April 2018 - 18:06 PM

Anything that uses a cell phone tower and cell service MUST have a 15 digit IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity).....NO EXCEPTIONS.

10 digit identifier, or what ever, is for a SPECIFIC server to find the file on the item and read/load the IMEI number that is listed in the file (MATCHES THE PARTICULAR ITEM).

This is done (Hiding the IMEI) to prevent you from using the item with different services, you have to subscribe to them only.

Your OBD is a clone, the IMEI has been duplicated numerous times so the server(s), can't make sense of 20 (or what ever amount) of OBD readers are transmitting .

Also, this method allows 1 IMEI to be cloned (Without paying extra licencing fees) and loaded to different tracking servers.

Some of these item will not work in Canada/USA as more than 1 item transmitting the same IMEI will NOT be allowed to connect to cell services, they all get punted off.

I suspect that the same problem exists over there for the same reason of too many clones transmitting the same IMEI.

Get a refund, return the item for a better model, move onto a different brand and take a loss.

This issue of cloned IMEI's is the same with counterfeit cell phones using the same IMEI, or worse yet, the shipment the Samsungs that was hijacked and each one of the 7500 cell phones having the same IMEI number flashed into it.

• lendaGaply likes this

#8 Michael eBike

Michael eBike

Orange Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 01 April 2018 - 18:14 PM

stephenc, as far as I can see your tracking device is working and sending data.

Why do you need to have that kind of info?

You really need to interrogate him? .... It's none of your business why he wants it.

Answer the question or STFU.

What an attitude you have.....

• lendaGaply likes this

#9 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:25 AM

Michael eBike, mind you language.

The tracking device was perfectly working. By the time the user asked the question the unit was already in the account and the IMEI was there.

So the user knew the IMEI and put it into the unit's settings. Therefore I asked why it was needed to find out what was the IMEI.

Furthermore our site is the receiving side and it has nothing to do with the devices configuration.

We do not change or modify anything, we do not sell any equipment. The question should have been addressed to the manufacturer, not us.

• lendaGaply likes this

#10 kch708x

kch708x

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:26 AM

i lost the online tracking of my device kindly assist how to reconfigure back

#11 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted Yesterday, 13:58 PM

kch708x, are you talking about GPS Tag? If yes, then check if it is running and also make sure the ID is the same as in the unit properties (Settings>Uni settings>Unit unique ID)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users