#1 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 May 2017 - 20:18 PM

First off, a huge thank you to the team, for resolving the login issue.

Looked at my unit today, and noticed there's no data in the Device Type field.

Upon closer examination, there appears to be a new list of available devices and TK110 is not on it.

What shall I select instead - I want to rename the unit as the current name is truncated and it doesn't look nice  ^_^

Just to clarify - it's working fine, and I can see the tracks, etc, but the portal won't let me rename it without filling the Device Type field.

PS  One thing became apparent during the recent login problem: it is impossible to start a new thread, or even to reply to a topic in the guest sub-forum, without being logged in - surely the point of having a guest facility is to enable, among other things, communications from users, unable to login? Or is normally how it is, and was part of the issue?

PPS  I managed to change the unit name via the old orange-trace site, which also showed correct device type (TK110) in Properties.

• CharlesCacle likes this

#2 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 20:35 PM

The situation is still the same - no TK110 to select as a deice type, hence impossible to change unit's name, but can be done in the old orange-gps interface.

#3 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:55 AM

MercedesGPS, the TK110 is the vehicle type device so it can be found by clicking on the + icon in the lower right corner.

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#4 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 May 2017 - 14:23 PM

Thanks, but I do not want to add a new unit, just to change the name of existing one.

After recent login issues, the unit type is no longer displayed, and the only option is to click Cancel and exit Unit Properties without changes:

34634937746_b3acbab9cc_o.png

As I said, it works in the old version.

#5 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

MercedesGPS,

Attached Files

• MercedesGPS likes this

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#6 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 May 2017 - 22:11 PM

Ah, I see what changed now - my GT02 branded unit was setup as a personal tracker, and TK110 selected, but it has obviously now been moved into the vehicle type category (or it was always there, but was also available in personal).

I would prefer not to mess with all the settings by deleting the current [personal] unit is setting up a new [vehicle] one.

Can this be moved somehow from one category to another?

#7 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

MercedesGPS, tk110 became vehicle type more than a half of a year ago.

You just did not notice it until you tried to change the settings.

But yes, it was working as a personal one.

There is now way you can revert these changes or switch between types but some of the users reported a workaround:

- create a personal type unit in the new interface

- login to the old interface and change device to tk110 from there

• MercedesGPS likes this

#8 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 May 2017 - 16:57 PM

Thanks pach, the unit is working fine now, and the old interface shows TK110. The unit is registered as a personal one.

Other than for changing unit's name, which I can obviously do in the old interface, do I have to move it to the vehicle category, or can I just leave it as it is?

Will it continue to function normally, or am I just delaying the inevitable change of category?

#9 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,022 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:17 AM

MercedesGPS, you can change the name in the old interface.

If you try to do it in the new interface you will be able to change it but the device type won't be there.

Basically it is a bug of an old interface allowing you to choose anything.

But no one care about it therefore you can use the trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users