I bought Xexun XT009 gps tracker couple of days ago and it works fine so far. Just want to share how I connected it to Orange GPS Trace.
The biggest problem that I had was that I couldn't make it work at all. When I power it, green LED flashes as described in the manual and then stops. According to the manual, it should blink once every 3-4 seconds, but it wasn't. There was no response from any configuration SMS's. I spent one hour trying to run it. I changed SIM cards, tried to restore factory settings, etc.
And the solution was: Put an SD card, otherwise it doesn't work.
When I put the SD card (micro SD, to be more precise), everything worked as a charm.
So, the first step of seting Xexun XT009 is to put a SIM card and an SD Card in the tracker.
Then I followed instructions from here - http://gps-trace.com...al/Xexun TK-102
There are some differences though. I am copying the instructions from the link above so that I add my comments:
In order to configure the object, you have to follow these steps by sending SMS commands to the tracker:
- "begin123456" - resets all controller's settings, password 123456 is set by default
- make a call to the controller, which should wait until two beeps, break the call and send SMS with it's coordinates - My SIM is DATA only, no Voice functionality. I didn't do this step (calling the tracker) and it still worked fine
- "apn123456 mts" - sets the required apn for gprs configuration - obvously, I set here my providers GPRS settings
- "apnuser123456 mts" - sets the user for gprs configuration - obvously, I set here my providers GPRS settings
- "apnpasswd123456 mts" - sets the password for gprs configuration. For new equipment versions user and password are set with one command "admin123456 mts mts" - obvously, I set here my providers GPRS settings
- "GPRS123456" - we're setting GPRS mode - This command didn't worked. But "gprsmode123456 0" worked fine. (It sets GPRS mode to TCP)
- "adminip123456 <IP> 20157" - sets the server's address for packages sending, <IP> replace for IP of monitoring system - here I used IP and port from the link above, so that the command is "adminip123456 184.108.40.206 20157"
- "t030s***n123456" - sets the interval of messages sending to 30 seconds.
I also set "tlimit123456 50" to reduce the data traffic and save battery life. And changed my password with "password123456 <my new password here>". PLEASE, make sure that you remember your new password that you set. And don't rely on your phone's SMS history for keeping your password. Write it down somewhere in the old style - on a piece of paper .
Some people are saying that if you loose your password, only manufacturer can reset it. Though some other say that there are commands to restore factory defaults. I don't want to post those commands here as I don't know if they work or not.
There are many topics of how to create an account in https://svcs.gps-trace.com/, how to set trackers there, etc. I will not duplicate those.
The important thing to mention is that you have to select "Xexun TK-102" as a device and your Xexun XT009 will work.
I have to say that using the instructions above is on your own risk. They worked for me. My device should be a genuine Xexun. I checked that with the manufacturer (with Xexun). But only God knows what I really have . Anyway, I don't see how you can "brick" your device by following those instructions.
That's all folks.