Notifications

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tioguerra_*

Guest_tioguerra_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2014 - 22:19 PM

I wonder if the notification function is working properly. I set up geofences and added notifications for entering and for exiting different geofences. I also added my email address in the preferences. After going for a drive and coming back I noticed all route was tracked correctly but I got not even a single notification. Is there some step missing? Shouldn't I get notifications via email? I've checked my spam folder, nothing there either...

#2 poal

poal

GPS-Trace Orange Team

• Administrators
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 19:19 PM

ok, give me the access in PM - will check this, notifications should work. May be you have not set up the e-mail notification option right to the notification name while creating them. Can you see them in the unit history?

#3 Guest_tioguerra_*

Guest_tioguerra_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2014 - 22:28 PM

Hi, I fixed it somehow.

I am not sure what exactly was the problem, but I went to the old site and there I noticed the field for the expiration date for the notifications had some date in the past. It also took me a while to understand I had to put the email addresses there as well.

One other point to mention is that while fiddling to fix this I ended up missing my correct device in the settings. Somehow when migrating to the new system my device was listed as a unit and not as a vehicle, and my device model is only available for vehicles. It was tracking correctly somehow, but as a unit. Then when checking the settings this device was not there anymore, so the first in the list was selected somehow. In order to understand what was going on I ended up going back to the manuals and reconfiguring the device, GPRS settings, user, password, ip, port, then trying to find my device in the list again -- could only find it in the old site. Only after a few hours I finally noticed the device was in the devices for vehicles. Unfortunately I had to delete the unit in order to create the vehicle with same IMEI.

Long story short it is now all working, but I ended up losing all my tracking history.

I like the design of the new site, but the old site is much more complete in terms of the amount of things you can fiddle with. For instance, when deleting my unit in the new site the notifications were all gone and I thought I would have to set all of them up again one by one, but they were still there in the old site so I could easily just reassign the vehicle to them and recover them.

Cheers!

#4 poal

poal

GPS-Trace Orange Team

• Administrators
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

thank you for the feedback!

1. notifications in old and new versions has some different setings, so don't be confused with the data in past, great to hear that it is working.

2. As for the features we're on the way to develop the new version, we will make it better than the old one.

#5 Guest_dynamix_*

Guest_dynamix_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2014 - 15:31 PM

hi guys, i am not getting any notifications after bridging the geofence. Tried several times no solution. Help!

#6 poal

poal

GPS-Trace Orange Team

• Administrators
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:42 AM

is it about e-mail or pop-up notifications?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users