Tracking in Italy dont work. Germany and Austria ok.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BNI1887_*

Guest_BNI1887_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2014 - 13:50 PM

Hello,
i have an tk102 tracker for tracking a boat. In Germany it ok with adminipXXXXXX 193.193.165.166 20157

Yesterday i drove to italy. In Austria there is a track. When i arrived at italy the track stopped.

Could it be, that italy mobile services is the problem? The Sim Card in mobile phone works with the same settings.

SMS are coming back from tk102. But no position to gps-trace per gprs.

Are there other ports for italy mobile service?

Greetz

#2 Guest_poal_*

Guest_poal_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2014 - 20:59 PM

The port has nothing in common with countries. I guess it was caused by some roaming feature and your tracker must not have the blackbox.

#3 Guest_olivergps_*

Guest_olivergps_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2015 - 22:36 PM

It appears that a port which "works" in one country, does not necessarly work in another country with the same unit. I have usd same TK102 clone in USA and Finland, and changing the SIM so hat in both countries I use an operator's own SIM. Meaning the unit is a roaming device. I usually have to change the port to get the PRS data working. This may have something to do what ports some operator's GPRS network passes through. So if a port working in one country is blocked in another, the GPRS data will not work.

Another possibility is how the unit handles changing the GPRS access point to another operator when roaming to another country. SMSs will usually work without having to change settings as they can be transmitted over regular GSM traffic channels. But GPRS settings usualy need to be changed when changing the operator (like the smartphone usually needs to get new settings when roaming, to make the data working). 

My advice would be to try finding a port which works in both countries.

And my question to admin is, why does the Orange system need to use all these different ports, why can't you instead just use the port(s) which are commonly passed through al gateways and most firewalls?

#4 Guest_poal_*

Guest_poal_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

It appears that a port which "works" in one country, does not necessarly work in another country with the same unit. I have usd same TK102 clone in USA and Finland, and changing the SIM so hat in both countries I use an operator's own SIM. Meaning the unit is a roaming device. I usually have to change the port to get the PRS data working. This may have something to do what ports some operator's GPRS network passes through. So if a port working in one country is blocked in another, the GPRS data will not work.

Another possibility is how the unit handles changing the GPRS access point to another operator when roaming to another country. SMSs will usually work without having to change settings as they can be transmitted over regular GSM traffic channels. But GPRS settings usualy need to be changed when changing the operator (like the smartphone usually needs to get new settings when roaming, to make the data working). 

My advice would be to try finding a port which works in both countries.

And my question to admin is, why does the Orange system need to use all these different ports, why can't you instead just use the port(s) which are commonly passed through al gateways and most firewalls?

in GPS-Trace like in any similar system each port means separate protocol or different data format, there is no way to use one unique for each device. Ports are running 24/7 and don't depend on countries or regions.

#5 Guest_wenANGEL_*

Guest_wenANGEL_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2017 - 22:26 PM

Thank you, I will try that all out. I am probably just missing a step

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users