Why can't I Trac k a cell phone

Why cant I track a cell phon verizon android

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_nicoleclossick7843@msn.com_*

Guest_nicoleclossick7843@msn.com_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:47 AM

I thought we were able to track mobile phones with this service.  Is it just GPS devices for vehicles or are we able to track the GPS via the mobile phone?

#22 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:42 AM

I'm very confused with this whole thing. Don't ask me how but I managed to get the app on my cell phone and it tracks my phone from my phone. How do I get it to track that phone from my laptop ? And how do I track my kids phone so I know where he is ?

Can you please provide more details.

At least tell what app you have installed?

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#23 Guest_2216_*

Guest_2216_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

Can you please provide more details.

At least tell what app you have installed?

Says GPS Trace Orange on a Samsung android smartphone

#24 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:17 AM

Install on your son's phone GPS Tag Orange.

During first start of the application enter your account credentials and a unit will be automatically created with all the required settings.

Next start the app again and a new icon should appear in GPS Trace Orange on your phone.

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#25 Guest_Excellence_*

Guest_Excellence_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:34 AM

Excellence, install GPS Tag Orange on your son's phone, during first start use your account credentials and a unit will be created automatically.

Next install GPS-Trace Orange on your phone and enter your account.

GPS Tag is client application which works as software tracker and Trace Orange is an application for mobile devices which works as a monitoring interface where you can see all you units.

Thanks very much Pach for your quick response. I am impressed. Does my son need to have internet on on his mobile phone? Who's paying for being tracked?

#26 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:46 AM

A common process of any GPS tracking system:

1. location detection (by GPS mainly);

2. sending messages to a processing server (either through Wi-Fi or through mobile networks it does not matter actually).

So if you want to get a real time track the messages should be also sent right away.

Mobile internet is the best solution in such cases.

But GPS Tag Orange has a feature called "Blackbox" when messages are accumulated in the memory and are uploaded upon connection to Wi-Fi networks for example.

>Who's paying for being tracked?

I do not know how to answer this question as our site is completely free of charge.

You pay only for internet traffic to you local ISP or Mobile network provider.

#27 Guest_Excellence_*

Guest_Excellence_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2016 - 12:08 PM

A common process of any GPS tracking system:

1. location detection (by GPS mainly);

2. sending messages to a processing server (either through Wi-Fi or through mobile networks it does not matter actually).

So if you want to get a real time track the messages should be also sent right away.

Mobile internet is the best solution in such cases.

But GPS Tag Orange has a feature called "Blackbox" when messages are accumulated in the memory and are uploaded upon connection to Wi-Fi networks for example.

>Who's paying for being tracked?

I do not know how to answer this question as our site is completely free of charge.

You pay only for internet traffic to you local ISP or Mobile network provider.

Thank again!

So I understand that if my son has not internet on his phone, there is no way to locate him until he comes back at home where is Wi-Fi? :(

Where is this "Blackbox"? Is it accessible to me? Tkx

#28 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:39 AM

Exactly, you will not be able to locate your son's phone until he reaches a spot to upload all messages with location.

The blackbox is enabled in the application by default. 

Meaning that once connection is lost all messages will be stored in the memory.

You can check it by yourself by opening "Statistics and status" where you will see a line "Messages in the black box" telling you how many messages have been stored.

#29 Guest_Excellence_*

Guest_Excellence_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

Something must be wrong :( Nothing is in statistics from the beginning. All the time we're both at home on the map. My mobile doesn't move since I uninstalled gps tag and installed gps trace as you told me. Now can see son some time changing position but not me. All the time we have a red dot beside ours icons. Should I install both software and application? Je ne comprends rien du tout. Quel est le sens de mot de passe pendant l'installation?

#30 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:14 AM

1. go to the settings>operation mode, make sure "Continuous work" is set;
2. go to the settings>location determination, set "Positioning source" by "GPS and wireless networks".
Do this for both you phone and your son's phone.
3. go back to the first screen and push "Start service".

Delete passwords from unit settings if you did not setup it in application properties (settings>unit settings>use unit password).

#31 Guest_Excellence_*

Guest_Excellence_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2016 - 21:12 PM

1. go to the settings>operation mode, make sure "Continuous work" is set;
2. go to the settings>location determination, set "Positioning source" by "GPS and wireless networks".
Do this for both you phone and your son's phone.
3. go back to the first screen and push "Start service".

Delete passwords from unit settings if you did not setup it in application properties (settings>unit settings>use unit password).

Thanks Pach for you reply. Please forgive me, but I still have more troubles to follow you. 1st: Do I have to install gps tag and gps trace on my phone? The "continuous work" you are talking about was in gps tag (no longer on my phone) time ago. 2nd: For monioring purpose, do I use my phone or my PC?

#32 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:24 AM

For monioring purpose, do I use my phone or my PC?

Both web interface (let's call it PC) and mobile devices (through the GPS Trace app) can be used to monitor your units.

Do I have to install gps tag and gps trace on my phone?

Install GPS Tag orange on the phone you want to be tracked, install GPS Trace on the phone you want to use to track your units.

In your scheme, if you want to track only your son's phone:

1. install GPS Tag Orange on his phone;

2. install GPS Trace on your phone.

When your son's phone will send any coordinates to the server you will see the changes in on your phone through GPS Trace app.

#33 Guest_Excellence_*

Guest_Excellence_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 14:10 PM

For monioring purpose, do I use my phone or my PC?

Both web interface (let's call it PC) and mobile devices (through the GPS Trace app) can be used to monitor your units.

Do I have to install gps tag and gps trace on my phone?

Install GPS Tag orange on the phone you want to be tracked, install GPS Trace on the phone you want to use to track your units.

In your scheme, if you want to track only your son's phone:

1. install GPS Tag Orange on his phone;

2. install GPS Trace on your phone.

When your son's phone will send any coordinates to the server you will see the changes in on your phone through GPS Trace app.

> "In your scheme, if you want to track only your son's phone:" In my scheme? Is there an another scheme? And what if I want to track another son, friend or wife? Please explain everything so I can start enyoj this technologie, if really I can enyoj it one day ;(

#34 Guest_Claire.b1981_*

Guest_Claire.b1981_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 14:27 PM

Can I trace my partner with just his mobile

#35 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

Excellence

Install GPS Tag Orange on all devices you want to track (up to 4 per account).

Install GPS Trace Orange on your phone.

Open Tags one by one on each device and during first start type in your account name and your password.

Done.

#36 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:31 AM

Can I trace my partner with just his mobile

Mobile phone number can not be tracked.

But if you install a special app you will be able to track a device.

#37 Guest_csalws_*

Guest_csalws_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2016 - 18:15 PM

I have downloaded the app, gone through all the steps suggested below, but the app showed no positional data, and the device does not show on map when I go to the site. Also, how do I set up 4 devices in the app? I am trying to track 2 sony c4 dual mobile phone.

1. run the app;

2. during the first start it will ask you to log in using your account name and password;

3. once you log in a unit will be created automatically with all the settings;

4. close the app and run it again (push "start service");

5. go to the site and you will see an icon on the map <-- I see nothing on the map and the app shows no positional data

what can I do? 

#38 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:18 AM

csalws, click

#39 Guest_Denverp_*

Guest_Denverp_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:24 AM

Can I track a different phone?

#40 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,265 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 11 July 2016 - 09:41 AM

Denverp, click.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users