Drain battery

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_MartaVew_*

Guest_MartaVew_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

I think most/many of us use a battery tender, because the car does drain the battery. 1-2 days is crazy excessive though. Thats akin to a light being left on.

#22 Guest_wenANGEL_*

Guest_wenANGEL_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2017 - 18:35 PM

Hi I got this same message once when I came back to my car after leaving my parking lights on. Now Im worried to use them incase the car wont start. I get the feeling my battery could do with a full charge possibly? Thanks

#23 Guest_ZepeHeaday_*

Guest_ZepeHeaday_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2017 - 09:23 AM

rnrnWhat I dont get is the google services 43 drain in battery stats. If it had anything to do with wireless wouldnt it say so in the stats too? I mean what can google services be doing to have that kind of drain on the device? I wasnt even connected to any wifi when this happenedrn

#24 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:09 AM

ZepeHeaday, I believe google services try to connect to wifi continuously.

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#25 quetiano

quetiano

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 06:27 AM

Good morning everybody and pach. 

I am using my android phone, estar takee 1 to be exact, and I have tried both GPS Trace Tag and GPS Tag but I cant seem to stop the number of reporting points to the orange.gps-trace.com website.

My issue is with bandwidth because, there are so many reports sent to the website...three(3) reports a minute, that my 250 mb mobile bandwidth finishes within a day or two.

I have tried every setting in both GPS Trace Tag and GPS Tag and the reporting point frequency on the website is still the same for example, in a minute, the reporting time is

08:17:12

08:17:33

08:17:52

..and this goes on for every minute.

Just a note, I am using the GPS and Wireless setting and using the Filtration of Messages setting.

Any idea on how to limit the frequency of reporting points sent from the phone ?

Thanking you all in advance !

#26 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:19 AM

quetiano, I would suggest to check WiaTag app and apply Lite mode during the initial setup. It should save your battery and traffic.

• quetiano likes this

I do not answer emails and personal messages | Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту

#27 quetiano

quetiano

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:35 AM

Thank you so much pach, I will try it within the hour and get back to you and anybody else interested and following this question.

#28 quetiano

quetiano

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 15:08 PM

Good day once again. Regarding my above post, I have followed pach and used the Wiatag app on my android phone. I setup according to what I required but the filtration of messages really worked regarding the timing of messages being sent from the phone and as of right now, is working very well.

I chose the Lite user mode in Wiatag and edited it to the options below

changed Data Collection to continuous

changed data sending to by timeout (2min)       <------ I dont think that this makes difference but anyway...

changed messages filtration min time to 300 seconds which is 5 minutes

exited the settings and the app requested that i restart, which i chose yes to restart and thats it, the phone reports every 5 minutes and works perfectly.

To those willing to use this method, please follow this method first in here...http://forum.gps-tra...2-wiatag-setup/

Then do the android phone app download and setup I wrote above.

Thanks pach once again for your help.

#29 quetiano

quetiano

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:13 AM

Hi again pach and any experienced persons...

Wiatag works nice with wifi but using the mobile network, it does not send reporting points

I have tried enabling roaming as mentioned in here....http://forum.gps-tra...oaming-network/

...but still doesnt seem to send reporting points automatically like when wifi is on and connected

When mobile data is on and when i try to a Send position, it works in the orange trace website, but no automatic reporting.

Any ideas what to try ?

#30 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

quetiano, try to disable Messages filtration. Anyway, I do not see any black box uploads as for today.

There were several connection drops as if it was just switched off.

[hw3.trace] 2019/01/16 10:04:04:376: [INF:2B61C700] GPRS MSG(WiaTag): ID: 865996020125830, IP: , MSG: TIME: 10:04:01, LAT: -29.9057029, LON: 30.9207554, ALT: 0.0, SPEED: 0, COURSE: 0, SATS: 0
[hw3.trace] 2019/01/16 11:19:13:136: [INF:2BE1D700] unit_id: 865996020125830
[hw3.trace] 2019/01/16 11:19:13:136: [INF:2BE1D700] GPRS MSG(WiaTag): ID: 865996020125830, IP: , MSG: TIME: 11:19:10, LAT: -29.9057029, LON: 30.9207554, ALT: 0.0, SPEED: 0, COURSE: 0, SATS: 0

#31 quetiano

quetiano

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 15:15 PM

Thank you for the reply pach.

Seems like I managed to sort it out after a lot of trial and error testing. 

I enabled my gps on the phone from high accuracy to device only, which is only using the gps and no mobile and no wifi.

In Wiatag, in my selected profile, where the options are for using gps    or    wifi & mobile networks    or    gps, wifi and mobile networks, I set that to gps, wifi and mobile networks.

I also changed the first two options in my selected profile to continuous, and in the filtration messages, I enabled it and changed the time to what I required to send reports.

With these current settings...only when the phone is outside, wiatag begins to report to the gpstrace website, but if the phone is inside the house, then wiatag stops working, this might be because under the android settings for location, I chose to use only the gps, which only works outside.

Thanks again so much for your help and dedication pach , much appreciated !!!

#32 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 17 January 2019 - 05:10 AM

quetiano, the most probably accurate option is "Fused" which uses everything your phone can give: gps and google services (wifi, gsm).

But it is also can quickly drain your battery. Messages Filtration is used to stop reporting when there is no activity or simply speaking no movement.

If this option is switched off and continuous data collection and sending switched on you will receive message all the time even inside buildings.

#33 quetiano

quetiano

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:08 AM

Thank you for the reply pach.

You are correct, seems that my setting made the phone report every movement while moving using the filtration of messages.

Doing more testing now.

#34 quetiano

quetiano

Orange Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:46 AM

I figured out how Wiatag functions in my situation and I accept the many reporting points which does not really take a lot of data using the mobile network.

Only thing is the filtration of messages has to be used for me, as when I am on wifi, wiatag works without the filtration of messages turned on, but when using mobile data, wiatag does not send any reporting points, hence my reason for using filtration of messages when using the mobile network internet.

Thanks pach, this will do for me if the forthcoming testing works well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users