#1 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

The Open Street Map I normally use in my iOS app, has suddenly become, what can only be described as "slightly out of focus" - it used to be crisp and sharp, but not anymore - it's as if a raster image with lowered pixel count (I thought most of these maps are vector graphic nowadays?).

Anyway, I went into Settings to see what else is available, and tried selecting all other options, to no avail: the app stays on OSM, no matter what - logout / login, restart, updated the app - no change.

I'm quite happy with OSM anyway, particularly if it can be pin-sharp once again, however just out of interest: has the map selection option been dropped, or is there something wrong with my app?

Also, is there resolution reduction for OSM mobile app, or again, is it somehow specific to my mobile (iPhone 6 / 128GB / iOS 9.3.2)?

Looking at some old screenshots, I can see that, the Google logo is no more - is that the reason?

#2 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 10 June 2016 - 14:28 PM

I think you are right in both cases.

Try to open OSM in the mobile browser you will get the same blurred picture.

I think they have optimized it for the sake of saving mobile data.

• MercedesGPS likes this

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#3 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 June 2016 - 14:53 PM

Thanks, good to know it's not just me.

#4 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 June 2016 - 21:50 PM

Something else is closely related, so doesn't warrant a new thread:

The app no longer zooms in, neither on a unit, when it is touched on a map, nor on a phone location, when the tag icon is tapped in the bottom right-hand corner.

Also, double-tapping the unit name / icon at the bottom centre of the screen, no longer zooms in either.

The starting zoom level is so far out, the unit icon is larger than the entire British Isles  ...

Looking through the settings, I do not see any option to increase the default zoom level.

#5 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

Send a request to info@gps-trace.com 

• MercedesGPS likes this

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

#6 MercedesGPS

MercedesGPS

Orange Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 June 2016 - 16:15 PM

Thanks, will do.

On a positive note: the map selection works again - there's a small circle with a tick on top of settings menu now, and touching it saves the selection. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users