securty anti-jamming jamming

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_sulj0t1gu4n_*

Guest_sulj0t1gu4n_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

Hi guys,

I am a long-time user of Orange GPS-Trace and I really love it. I have a tracker device in my car, so here is a feature proposal that is really missing from the Orange system:

How about implementing a tracker-jamming notification so that tracking-device can also be used as a security-device? We all know that GPS/GPRS jammers are really cheap these days, and in order to use the car-tracker as a security-device it should be able to report jamming.

Example: I set my device to report every 5 minutes to the Orange server. If the server does not receive new data from my device in 5+(5/2) minutes it should send me a notification to e-mail (or SMS) telling me that my device is offline, probably because it is jammed by thiefs in their attempt to steal the vehicle.

What do you think?

Best reards!

Mure

#2 pach

pach

Orange Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:10 AM

The algorithm you have described does not control jamming it only allows us to see if the data stopped being received.

We call it connection loss and it is already in the the system (check notifications).

When a device is jammed it still works, records parameters (may be from sensors) and saves them in a balckbox.

Some devices may report they have been jammed and upload this info along with other messages once the connection is restored.

• Charlesdwept, Raymondjic, Faxxzzamc and 3 others like this

I do not answer emails and personal messages|Я не отвечаю на личные сообщения и почту.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users